Friday, September 10, 2010

Getting to know you

Hi, my name is L. KinksnWinks was created to learn, to share knowledge, and inspire other women, and men to embrace their god given hair. We all know that hair has a direct correlation to how one feels about themselves, so if you understand and love your hair, you have a better chance of loving and understanding yourself. At first I was apprehensive about starting a hair blog, because of the many wonderful hair blogs out there, but i figured hey why not open up another source to learn from.

I am natural kinky curly gal, I'm not big on the whole hair typing system, but from my understanding my hair ranges from 3c-4b I big chopped 9/1/2009, so I have been fully natural for a year and ten days. I transitioned by micros from May to August unintentionally. When I took my micros down, I had a ton of new growth, and I fell in love with my waves, coils and curls. I knew I no longer wanted to relax my hair but I knew I didn't know what exactly to do either so I started researching and thats when I found the natural section at Blackhairmedia.com I was instantly inspired by their confidence, knowledge, and love for their hair. My first intention was to try to experiment with transitioning for as long as possible and then do the BC, and also to remain relaxer free for a year, but that didn't last long. I BC'd a month later and as of right now I'm pretty sure I'm a natural for life.

That's my mini introduction, because if I tell you everything now what will I have to talk about later lol. Well now that you know a little bit about me, tell me about yourself? where are you in you hair journey? are you natural? are you considering going natural? are you transitioning? Let me know in the comments

For those that have concerns or suggestion you can email me at noaveragebook@aol.com I have two blogs one on hair(of course this one) and a book writing blog http://notyouraveragebookwriter.blogspot.com/ my email works for both

Thanks for coming by, til next time
~L~

No comments:

Post a Comment