Friday, March 11, 2011

Hair Update

So I guess I owe you all a hair update, after some protective styling and a few hair experiments, some good and bad, I've come to the conclusion that:

-braid outs will never work for me but braids are the best way to stretch my hair
-never forget my tried and true styles and products when traveling
-I don't need a new protective style, maybe just new ways to style my protective style
-never forget why a staple product became a staple product
-and be confident in your hair you never know who's watching........

In the past few months i've reached collarbone trimmed to shoulder length and have protective styled my hair back to collarbone. and oh yeah I've dyed my ends auburn.

My updated routine:

Since my hair is longer I've been wearing my two strand twist for a longer period of time, ive still haven't find the perfect twisting cream yet but I'm still searching,I generally don't go that long in between washes maybe two,two in a half at the most, Since I think the kinky Curly Come Clean is to drying on my hair If and when i have to use I will do an oil rinse with jojoba oil first, i still condition with Aubrey Organics Island naturals Conditioner, and my staple leave in is Kinky Curly Knot Today. I still detangle in the shower but I now I do it with the proclaimed Tangle Teaser!!! and than after that I twist my hair up for the next two weeks.

I maintain my twist with a spritz mixture of 1/2 water,1/4 Aloe Vera juice and 1/4 coconut oil, and when I get ready to take my twist out, I untwist my hair for a twist out with coconut oil only than I fluff and go.

Since I'm trying to reach APL before the end of summer, I'm taking the less is more approach to my hair.

Thanks For staying tuned,Love,

KinksnWinks

No comments:

Post a Comment